Tuesday, October 01, 2013
0
If you go to my homepage now you may notice that it has changed. It's now promoting my upcoming project Puzzle Dungeon which is coming soon to iOS...hopefully.

I say hopefully because its currently "waiting for review" where it will spend, as I understand it, 4 or 5 days before Apple accept it onto the App Store. 

Apple's iTunes Connect is infinitely better than the Create.MSDN method for setting up payment information and banking details. For example: On XBLIG the developer had to submit W-8 tax forms, by post, to the U.S. but with Apple it was as simple as selecting the country and type of company you are. 

On a side note, I had to go the Microsoft Developer Network to get my IBAN number as I couldn't remember it, and saw that recently sales of Synesthesia Amnesia have tripled in the last 2 quarters and if that trend continues through Autumn I shall have another pay-out at the end of the Quarter. 

If all goes to plan Puzzle Dungeon will be out on the 10th October, a date of personal significance to me. From the date of it being accepted to the App Store through to the 10th I will be on a tiring campaign to get the game noticed. I'm researching how to go about this as I am not a PR person and I am British therefore humble and not used to selling myself or product. 

My Plan is to give away some games I have steam codes for with a "Quote & Retweet" competition on Twitter along the lines of "Follow @lanerobertlane & RT that Puzzle Dungeon is out now for iPhone http://URL.co.uk to win a copy of [blank] for PC" as well as regular Plz RTs. 

I'm also going to send a few select e-mails to iPhone app/game review sites such as Touch Arcade to see if I can drum up interest there as well as send review codes. 

Is there anything else, realistically, to do?

I like this game I've created. I find it fun, challenging and nostalgic. I can envision it doing well, if people knew about it. 

Incidentally, here's a link to the project page: Puzzle Dungeon
and if you're press reading this, how about taking a look at the press kit

So, I'm ramping up full marketing mode now, It's been a good couple of months working on this project and now it's time for the world to see it. Wish me luck!


Newer Post
Previous
This is the last post.

0 comments:

Post a Comment